Since it’s my birthday, I thought of doing my version of the 30 Before 30 list. Yeah, it’s one of those things you think of when you’re getting uhm…older *cringe* – a bucket list of sorts.
So here’s a list of 30 travel-related aspirations and practical skills I need to learn before hitting the big 3-0. And oh, just for the record, I still have 2 years to accomplish these. :p
(Listed in no particular order)
Travel to at least 10 countries– Was finally able to cross this off the list last August 2014
- Hot air balloon ride over Bagan or Cappadocia – Unfortunately, there were no hot air balloon rides when we went to Bagan in September 2013. It is only offered from October to March every year.
Make a scrapbook of my travelsnot really a scrapbook, but I was able to produce a photo book on April 2015 Travel with a fellow Pinoy Travel Blogger/sApo Reef Natural Park
- Set foot in another continent
- Gatecrash an Indian wedding
- Learn to drive
- Learn to bike (again)
- Learn a form of martial arts/self-defense – Was only able to attend 2 out of the 6 sessions I signed up for :-/
- Learn to shoot – In my imaginary world, I’m a marksman. So to shoot even with just a pistol would be a dream come true
- Learn to swim – With all the beach trips and vomit-inducing boat rides, you’d think I learned to swim by now. I’m amazed I’m still alive haha
- Learn to cook – The parents are good cooks. Ironically, I can’t cook to save my life. Too bad this progeny’s only interested in eating.
- Learn to play a musical instrument
- Learn a Latin dance
- Learn another language
- Record myself singing my heart out and upload the video on YouTube XD
- Try toploading (the act of riding on top of a jeepney)
Try tandem paragliding– done last November 2014 in Pokhara, Nepal Climb a mountainMt. Pinatubo, Mt. Gulugod Baboy
- Get inked
- Have a savings account!
Go somewhere without electricity and/or mobile phone signalApo Reef Natural Park Stargaze while lying on the beachApo Reef Natural Park Go campingMt. Gulugod Baboy
- Go somewhere and stay with the locals
- Eat a bizarre food ala Andrew Zimmern – I’ve tried the Tamilok in Palawan and fried worm in Bangkok but I think that’s not hardcore enough.
- Read a book (and finish it) for leisure
- Draw/paint in oil – Haven’t done this since high school
- Have a photo shoot with a professional photographer – With me as the model, of course LOL
- Be girly for a day and have a full-body spa, mani/pedi, and get my hair done
Hope to start crossing things off of this list soon. 🙂