For our second anniversary, we decided to try something fancy so we booked an overnight stay at this boutique hotel in Tagaytay called Discovery Country Suites.
It has 7 well-appointed themed rooms namely Andalucia (Moorish Spanish countryside; 33sqm.), Ceylon (Old world Sri Lanka; 33sqm), Saint-Tropez (Mediterranean coastline; 37sqm), Siam (Thai; 55sqm), Nara (Japanese; 57sqm), Nantucket (American Cape Cod; 61sqm), and Oxford (England; 72sqm).
It is also home to Restaurant Verbena which serves creations of Chef David Pardo de Ayala - Corporate Chef of the Discovery Leisure Company.
We booked the Nara room - because we are suckers for almost anything Japanese - for the promo rate of Php8,000nett (it is normally Php11,000 + 10% service charge, 12% VAT, and .75% local tax). The package includes:
- Complimentary country breakfast daily
- Complimentary wine tasting with cheese and hors d’oeuvres
- Welcome amenity
- All rooms include color television with cable programming, telephone and air conditioning, en suite bathroom and safe deposit boxes
- Make-up and turn down service daily
- Access to the mini library and movie library, recreation and entertainment
- Use of the whirlpool
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Complimentary newspaper daily
- Complimentary parking